Friday, October 23, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are






I can't say that I truly wanted to see this movie. I mean I remember the cover of the book but have never read it (that I remember anyway). However, last night it was all cold and rainy so several of us decided to take our kids to see the movie. Oh boy.

I had read some bad press regarding the film already so I went into the movie fully expecting something a bit weird...but I'm okay with weird most of the time. What I was not expecting is a case of full blown depression and sadness. I mean who needs that from a kid's film?

I thought the little boy Max was a total BRAT. I can't imagine biting my mother and getting away with it. Max was shown as an out of control child with deep psychological problems. Then the Wild Things. Carol the main beast was cute and cuddly for the most part...but the rest of the group-pretty scary to most little kids. It was violent and crazy and well, wild. Poor Douglas (Carol's best friend) gets his arm ripped off in a fit of rage.

I really wish I hadn't seen this movie. It depressed me and left me with an unsettled feeling.

**BTW, I have never written about a movie in such a negative way before...but honestly, I would NEVER take my little ones to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!