Monday, February 8, 2010

Scrap 2010 and My Word

So, I just gotta say how much FUN I'm having with my NEW "Scrap 2010" project. Inspired by the "Julie and Julia Project" I decided instead of cooking my way through a book I would scrap my way through the book "What about the Words".  You can read all about it here. I have also decided to scrap in order. I had considered jumping around and scrapping what struck my mood at a particular time...but I really think going in order is more challenging and fun.

The first challenge in the book is called "Ad-inspired". The challenge is to find inspiration in your local paper or magazine advertisements. I happened to find mine in an old Creating Keepsakes magazine. 
What jumped out at me were the flowers in the corners. Loved that! I have sooooo many flowers and am always looking for a way to use them. I also loved the fact that 3 smaller photos were used. Here's what I came up with.

These are photos of Jackson when he was just a year old back in 1995. Wasn't he a cute little guy? Notice how I used circle stickers in the lower right corner rather than flowers and a journaling sticker on the left.


I just LOVE how the flowers add so much to this layout. And see? You CAN use flowers on a boy page!

This layout was super quick to make. Once I knew the photos I wanted to use it took me just 20 minutes to put together. 

Feel free to make your own "Ad-Inspired" layout. This was so easy and fun to do!!  Leave a comment and a link with your creation. I would love to see what you come up with!

********************************************************************************

It's Monday so it's time for My Word from last week! I'm gonna have to go with

Spiritual

–adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or consisting of spirit; incorporeal.
2. of or pertaining to the spirit or soul, as distinguished from the physical nature: a spiritual approach to life.
3. closely akin in interests, attitude, outlook, etc.: the professor's spiritual heir in linguistics.
4. of or pertaining to spirits or to spiritualists; supernatural or spiritualistic.
5. characterized by or suggesting predominance of the spirit; ethereal or delicately refined: She is more of a spiritual type than her rowdy brother.
6. of or pertaining to the spirit as the seat of the moral or religious nature.
7. of or pertaining to sacred things or matters; religious; devotional; sacred.
8. of or belonging to the church; ecclesiastical: lords spiritual and temporal.
9. of or relating to the mind or intellect.



Not only was Sunday a spiritual day in church but my entire week was spent thinking about ways to incoporate peace and the spirit into our lives. My husband and I are working together to ensure our family draws closer together this year like never before. You can feel it in our home, in our speech and in our habits. It is a magical experience so far!


I would love to hear about your word? Please let me know if you're playing along.



2 comments:

  1. Leslie! I'm Lovin' with a CAPITAL "L" the Ad-inspired page! What an absolutely FANTASTIC -with ALL CAPS! ;) idea! I am constantly looking for new inspiration in my scrapbook pages, and this is something I am going to do. I think your page about Jackson came out beautifully - and I love the whole concept. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, and for offering that extra nudge that I need to try something new! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I've never read that book, but I can always use a little push to get me going. Love your layout too! :) I have always thought ads were the most inspiring way to get ideas!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!