Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wordy Wednesday & Scrap2010 {finally}

Top o' the morning to ye'!!

Alrighty...in case you missed the last post...we have a winner!! It's Sarah! And the NEW name of "Friday Five" is now "Friday Faves". Thank you, Sarah. Send me your your addy so I can get those MAMBI stickers right out to you:)

Not only is it St. Patrick's Day but it's also {Wordy Wednesday}-yahoo! In case you have forgotten what Wordy Wednesday is all about...each Wednesday I'll share a favorite word, quote, journaling prompt, music lyric, etc. with you. Now let's get to it.

Today we're talking about lists. The following idea comes from my very favorite book on journaling EVER. "Journal to the Self" by Kathleen Adams. Found this little gem at a yard sale a few years ago for a quarter!!!

One of my very favorite parts in this book is the chapter entitled "Lists". Kathleen writes about the importance of writing down 100 Things. She says it can give us invaluable information about our inner process. Here are her "rules" for creating a 100 Things List:

1. It's ok to repeat
2. Write as fast as you can
3. You don't have to write in complete sentences
4. It's ok to repeat!
5. Your entries do not have to make sense
6. Just get it down!
7. Number your entries
8. Write the list in one sitting
9.After you have created the list, read over it looking for themes
10. [this one is my idea!] HAVE FUN! BE CREATIVE! SCRAP YOUR LIST!]

Here are some ideas for your 100 Things List:

Things I'm Grateful For
Ways I Could Nurture Myself
Ways I Sabotage Myself
Ways I Can Make Money
Ways I Can Serve Others
Talents
Achievements I am Proud Of
Things I Miss
Things I Believe In
Things I'm Good At
Things I Need or Want to Do

**Pick a list {or create your own} and get busy!! Remember the rules above for making your list, have fun and share your thoughts when you're finished here at Words of Me Project!!!


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Scrap2010! I haven't posted a layout in a few weeks. Why? Because I haven't completed a layout in a few weeks. But yesterday was different. I took time for me, cleaned up my space and got busy. The result?

2 layouts!!

Just to jog your memory...Scrap2010 is a project I started to challenge myself. I'm scrapping my through the book "What about the Words"...a book focused entirely on telling your story. Love that.

Here is a layout using a dictionary definition...

The word is "personality". That's me, {waaaaay back when}in 1988 on the air. You see, I was a DJ on the radio for lots of years. This pic was taken during my Junior year of College at the campus radio station-KDLX. So happy someone snapped this!

I chose the word "personality" for this reason "a famous, notable, or prominent person; celebrity"

No, I'm not famous here ([nor was I ever-LOL] but it's kind of fun to think I kind of once was...[I'll have to share some of my DJ stories later!!] To accent the photo I used Making Memories Wordfetti stickers with words and phrases like...

it's an attitude
up all night?
she's all that
awesome
rockin' the boat
say what's on your mind

Just so you know...Wordfettin stickers are the BOMB! I could buy them by the case full and use them on everything.

Here's the next page...the challenge was to scrap a milestone in your life or someone you love.

I chose to scrap my son Jackson's first play from last November. Here's the journaling...


"You have had quite a time fitting in-finding your niche in this world. This night, for me, was a turning point in your school career. This was your first play...and you did great! Yes, you were nervous, but watching you up on that stage with your friends I knew you had found a home. Just like me, Jacks! Drama meant the world to me! It's where I found my voice. I can see a passion in you like never before. I am so proud of you and happy!!"

This page was super simple to create. I used 2 pattern papers from Cosmo Cricket and cardstock, dimensional stickers from MAMBI. Love how it turned out!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Finally I want to leave you with a goofy little pic I took Monday night...

Happy St. Pats Day!!!!!

{p.s.} I have decided to change my background to something that is not normally me. I saw this though...and it just said "Try me out". So here it is. Different and fun. I need that this week!:)}

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of 100 things list! I'm a list person- just never thought to use it like this. As for scrapping- I really have to get motivated and set aside some time!! I love doing it but am so far behind- I think I let that overwhelm me instead of using it to just jump in and get going. Love the message to your son, very sweet.

    A D.J.?? WOW! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the list idea, Les. I am going to try it and I will let you know how it goes!
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. that missionary looks like he is having way too much fun jj super cute and i love the layouts. I do always seem to struggle with what to say in my journaling it always sounds so cheezy. I will have to try out the list and let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!