Monday, April 5, 2010

My very first interview-it's Make My Monday!!!

Happy Monday girls!! Today is gonna be a GREAT day. I can just feel it! Don't you LOVE it when the week begins out that way??

A couple of weeks ago I began "Make My Monday". I was inspired by the community Secrets in the Sauce or as they are lovingly referred to SITS. {If you want to find out more about them just click on their button on the right side of my blog}. It's an awesome way to grow your blog and the super cool part is all the amazing bloggers you will meet!!

I have been so inspired by all the support I have found on SITS and the bloggers I meet that I decided to have my own little "love fest". I call it Make My Monday.
 Every Monday I choose a blogger that inspires me, interview them, post it here along with a link to their blog. I encourage YOU to post a comment here {letting me know you are going to visit the featured blog}then hop over to their blog where you'll leave a comment saying you found them on Words of Me Project}. Be sure you take time to look around their site, read old posts and see what their all about. I'm telling you it is time well spent. There are so many creative and talented women out there!!!:)

Make sure you leave a comment below with a link to your blog!!!

My featured Blogger today is Lacie from Creative Attempts. I found Lacie's blog through SITS and instantly felt at home. I love her ideas and am inspired every time I stop by. Here's my interview with Lacie. Enjoy!!


How long have you had your blog? I started blogging almost a year ago exactly, and I started my blog for a few reasons. Probably the biggest reason was that I was getting so many amazing ideas from other blogs that I wanted to find a way to give back a little and be part of the fun.

Have you always enjoyed writing, creating and connecting with others? please give us some background! Yes, I have always ejoyed using words, pictures, and projects to get to know other people. The funny thing is that I don't consider myself to be very "creative". I know that may sound odd considering my blog title and content (lol) but I think I am better at seeing something cute and re-creating it (okay stealing it) and making it my own.  


How do you find time to do all those fun projects, keep up with your blog and the demands of being a mom? I consider myself very lucky to be a "stay at home mom" that works from home.....does that sond like an oxymoron (ha ha)? One of the jobs that I do from home is marketing for a local doctor, and part of that job means that every month I get to pull out all my crafty tools and create some little gift to deliver to other local doctors. It is my dream job! If I could do it for a million other doctors I would. Many of the projects I do I make sure my son can work right along side me creating a similar project so that we can spend time together, craft, and be productive. I mostly blog early in the morning before I get him out of bed or at night after he is asleep. Because there is some rule apparently that says if Mommy is on her computer she wants to have you sit on her lap and ask a million questions {wink}.
What inspires you the most? I find most of my inspiration through other bloggers to be honest. I love to see what everyone else is up to and put my own spin on it. Or I will go wander around the craft store until something jumps out at me. I am sure the people that work there must think I am a homeless person or something because I am there alot :)

Can you give us a couple of ideas on how to grow your blog? Honestly I couldn't ask for a better community than SITS (the secrets in the sauce) it has been one of the best places to connect and find other bloggers like me. I was featured on their blog last week and before I woke up the day of my feature I already had over 100 comments on my blog. I felt like queen for the day. Everyone should have that feeling. I also try to find bloggers that have similar intrests to mine and follow them and comment often. This has built many amanzing relationships for me with women that I respect and admire.

What is your favorite craft project you've ever attempted? I seriously do not consider myself good with the sewing machine but I decided to tackle this one apron because it was something I really wanted. And somehow it turned out!! It is one of the hardest things I have attempted so I hold it on a pretty high pedistal.

Give us your top 3 favorite movies [at the moment]  Shoot, don't you want to know about books? lol just kidding....I do love movies too. Right now I would have to say I am in love with The Blind Side, The Proposal (I know what can I say Sandra is amazing), and Catch and Release.

If you could go anywhere in the world right now...where would you go?? I don't even have to think about this one I would go to Fiji in a heartbeat. Why, you ask? I saw a picture once of a place called Turtle Island in Fiji and I said I am going to go there one day.

Please add anything else you can think of!!!  Thanks and Happy Easter!!!!!
I am still in a little bit of shock that anyone would find me interesting enough to want to interview me lol. I am thrilled and honored by this opportunity.
Stop by her Blog today!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gotta share my Word from last week. It may seem a bit unusual...

PRELUDE

–noun
1.
a preliminary to an action, event, condition, or work of broader scope and higher importance.
2.
any action, event, comment, etc. that precedes something else.

Last week I spent most days getting ready for my HCG diet plan that began Saturday. From reading everything I could on it to asking my friends that have done the plan before me for tips on reaching my goals, most of my actions were leading up to my diet. 
And speaking of my diet...you can follow me every step of the way...go to the top of my blog and click on "30 Day Weight Loss Challenge".

**Remember to leave a comment below along with a link to your blog. I want to come visit!!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I always love reading Lacie's blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found her as well and she's on my blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature,Les. I visited Lacie's blog and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview - great idea to promote each other.

    Visited Lacie's blog - lovely.

    Becky D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful idea! I love finding other bloggers :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!