Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off to camp I go...

I gotta tell ya'...I'm no camper. No siree...

I'm a "pull up to the front of the Marriott, let me off, take me to my room and let me curl up in a nice, warm bed" kind of gal.

Yep...that would be me.

I'm the girl who likes to take showers, do her hair and wear lip gloss. I like clean clothes, clean hair and brushed teeth.

So what the heck was I doing at camp today?

I was having waaaaay too much fun. I was whipping up ginormous pans of Rice Krispy Treats and trail mix and turkey sandwiches.

I was laughing and joking and smiling with some of the most amazing women I've ever met.

I was serving the Young Women in our church.

And I{loved} it.

I really, truly did.

"The unthankful heart...discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart...will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings."  -Henry Ward Beecher

{p.s. I have 3 more days of camp. I hope to have photos!!}

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word this totally brought me back to my girls camp days. Yep back when we found the dead cow in the middle of the river and we only found it because we were standing on it thinking it was a sand bar lol. We had so much fun at girls camp really!!!! We camp a lot as a family but we cheat we have a travel trailer lol. I'm glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is nice to do things outside our comfort zone! I am like you, I like a descent hotel, does not have to be the Ritz, but I like a shower and a comfy bed! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I'm not a camper. I dislike dirt, that's what holds me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LES! Once again, we are SO alike! My idea of camping is hotels with OUTSIDE DOORS (you know what I'm talking about, right?) I am NOT the outdoorsie type - and I applaud your efforts, ma'am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great you are enjoying camp :) I love the naturalness you feel camping in nature, in God's beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!