Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's in HOW we Think {Day 7}

Since it's Sunday I thought it would be perfect to share a few quotes on creativity, writing and just Be-ing with you. If any of these really "speak" to you...write them in your journal so you can refer back to it whenever you need a bit of inspiration. Maybe you could even turn one of these into a piece of art...maybe print it off, put in a pretty frame and hang it by your computer, your bathroom or craft space.

**Writing**




Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning:  I wanted to know what I was going to say.  ~Sharon O'Brien

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.  ~Vladimir Nabakov

Writing, I think, is not apart from living.  Writing is a kind of double living.  The writer experiences everything twice.  Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind.  ~Catherine Drinker Bowen, Atlantic, December 1957  

**Create** 
 
The Possible's slow fuse is lit
By the Imagination.
~Emily Dickinson


Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited energy of the child with its apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence.  ~Norman Podhoretz
 
Trust that little voice in your head that says "Wouldn't it be interesting if..."  And then do it.  ~Duane Michals, "More Joy of Photography"
 

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.  ~Henry David Thoreau
 
 
**Be** 
 
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.  ~e.e. cummings, 1955
 
We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.  ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
 

Learn to... be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.  ~Henri Frederic Amiel
 
Here is today's Challenge...
 
 Day #7: Take a nice leisurely approach to your creativity today and just go through your supplies. Sort and organize and purge {if necessary}. When I take an hour or so to do this I am sooo inspired!!! How is the Challenge going so far, girls?    

3 comments:

  1. I love to do this - it really sparks my creativity because I forget what I have and sometimes I'll remember why I bought it and finish the project it was intended for and if I have time, I'll work on something just for me, today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Leslie-How are you? I hope you had a great weekend immersed in creativity, love and family. that's a great idea you have there-organizing, decluttering...getting rid of the old and making room for the new. You should see my studio-its an absolute mess these days:) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!