Monday, November 8, 2010

I am overwhelmed with Gratitude....

THIS is gonna be a good day. It's one of those days, one of those weeks you can just feel it!! 

Our WORD for the week is

Commitment....


–noun
1.
the act of committing.
2.
the state of being committed.
3.
the act of committing, pledging, or engaging oneself.
4.
a pledge or promise; obligation: We have made a commitment to pay our bills on time.
5.
engagement; involvement: They have a sincere commitment to religion.

I was looking for a WORD that would help me progress in the right direction. During my walk this morning COMMIT just popped in my head. It is perfect and I hope you will "commit" yourself to playing along with our 52 Words 52 Weeks Challenge. If you don't know what that is click here to find out! 

One of the areas of my life that needs committment right now is my health. I was doing soooo well...remember I lost weight back in the spring and was walking daily, all that. HOWEVER, as of late I have been indulging in toooooo many treats. And not working out the way I need and love to. 

Soooooo this is the week I make a COMMITMENT and get to it! I will share what I'm doing exactly tomorrow.

What will you COMMIT to this week? 

5 comments:

  1. Woweeeee!!!!!! I am your blog of the week. I am so honoured!!

    As for commitment - you have probably noticed my unclever, invisible skills with that!

    Knowing me, I will probably commit to more Starbucks, more chocolate and less walking! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, I hear you! I hear you! I feel it, too! It's going to be a GREAT WEEK! I'm committed to a NUMBER of things this week . . . a number of CREATIVE things, as a matter of fact. Starting a new holiday project, and a dear friend of ours gave birth to twins last week - I decided to do 2 art pieces for the babies rooms for their gift, so I'm SO FEELING commitment! Love this word, and love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Leslie..commitment (I think) begins in your heart+ mind ...and then I think it becomes easier to follow! I hear what you are saying about the too many treats and less exercise:) Thanks so much for your kind wishes re our move-it really doesn't feel like an adventure right now! We are flying out of here in 2 weeks ...so much to do. Plus I am really bummed out about that murder case up in Conn. with dr. Petit I am sure you have heard of it. The heinous murder of his whole family in the most brutally gruesome way. The verdict came down today-he got the death penalty but ...what a sad and horrible crime. How frail life is...it makes me SO grateful for the safety of my loved ones. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy this one has been a tough one for me!! Since going to work 3 months ago i've gained almost 20 pounds!!!!!!! I've just started being really good about what I'm eating but I haven't been able to stick to any workout routine. I NEED commitment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great word! and i too need to work on my exercise schedule!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!