Monday, January 10, 2011

I am a Brave Girl!

Oh how I love this day! It's snowing like CRAZY!!! AND I am home most of the day, cleaning, writing and getting ready for this....

click HERE to sign up!
I have been anticipating this class for months!! Thanks to a loving Mom,  for the next 6 weeks I will finding out what it is my soul is yearning for and creating art that goes along with it. The very talented Melody Ross is putting this on. You have until midnight TONIGHT to sign up!! Be sure and click on the link above for more information and to sign up. If that doesn't work out for you they are offering a second class this April!! I will be sure and let you know how I'm doing!!

The other artsy, creative thing I'm doing is this...

My goal is to get in the habit of art journaling at least 3 to 4 days a week. This has really been a wonderful way to relieve some sadness and stress the past few days as well as share my joys. Here is some of my work...

The cover
My cover page
I punched the butterflies out of an old book. Love that look.


See that "be Happy" stamp to the left? It is my FAVORITE at the moment!


I wrote this one last Saturday. We have so many changes going on in our house with Jackson turning 16 and dating. I was feeling a bit down. This really helped just writing it down.

If you haven't started an art journal I encourage you to do so. Not only are they fun but there is just something so peaceful about working in mine...it's different from traditional writing. You get to play with paint and markers and colored pencils and stickers and patterned paper and glue. It's heavenly:)

A few weeks ago I was inspired to create another canvas. Here is a just a peek...

I promise to share more later....

A few more things...

1. Yes, "Who Do You Follow" will be a weekly blog hop. Not only was this past one fun but I was pleased with the participation and hope it grows over the next months! Be sure and share with us Thursday who you follow!!

2. Our WORD of the week is coming later......I will post on my FB Fan page later today and here Tuesday.

Do you art journal? What kinds of pages do you do? Let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. I've got the books, paper, brushes, pens, stuff. All kinds of stuff to do an art journal. Now I just need to work on getting the "Yes You Can" to push me along. Because I've never done anything like that in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love that idea...i feel your sadness too....no more babies is a horrible realisation for some of us..it makes me downright depressed....i can't get out of it...nut i can see me doing an art journal like this...i am yet to find a greaty journal that can take water colours and splashing water onto water soluable crayons...my fav thing to use these days....thanks for the inspiration...i hope i can do it.....hugs...♥...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!