Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What do you do Anyway?

Before I share the Word this week I wanted to say THANK YOU for all your sweet and kind comments regarding my prayer canvas. Each one of them made me smile.:)

Also a HUGE thank you to my friend Leanne who designed my brand new blog header for me. She was soooo patient with me and created something that is 100% me. Thank you, Leanne!!!

Last week I promised to show you what the Word TRY inspired me to do...here are  few photos to share.  Since we had the entire week off from school last week due to snow my daughter Em and her friend Maddie volunteered to help me TRY my hand at bread making. Take a peek!

Maddie & Em all ready to TRY something new!  

Mixing the dough. We chose to make it whole wheat.
The fun part...kneading!
There it is resting in the bowl. Looking good!
After we punched it down and formed into loaves. I can't believe this is working.
Can you believe it?! Golden brown, all warm from the oven. YUM!
This was our first attempt at making bread and we did it!! The best part? Now I know we can do it!! We can make delicious home baked bread with very little effort. Awesome!

Here is a page from my Art Journal...

This is my Art Journal I began the first of January....it's smaller than my Soul Restoration one. Here is what the journaling says...

"TRY...
my best
to be me always
to be a better person
always trying to be something 
I am learning, striving
I like the word TRY. It means I am striving. I am working. I am creating. I am learning. I am growing.
TRY is good.:)"

I know I can't stop talking about my Soul Restoration class. It has permeated my life and is working miracles. One of the lessons we learned last week is the importance of "doing it anyway".

It seems whenever I've struggled this week I keep telling myself the same thing..."I did it anyway." This is the perfect sentence to keep me on track with where I'm going in life!

So this week's WORD is ANYWAY


–adverb
1.
in any case; anyhow; nonetheless; regardless: Whether you like it or not, I'm going anyway.
 
This week focus on doing it anyway. 
 
create anyway
workout anyway
make a decision anyway
go for your dreams anyway
apply for that job anyway
 
What one thing do you do "anyway"? Please share with us!!

3 comments:

  1. That break looks so yummy! I wish I was good at making bread. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the " I did it anyway"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 1st - I LOVE that whole wheat flour and use it for pancakes - yummy! And 2nd - the word "anyway" makes me think of the Martina McBride song (by the same name), which I crank up when I need to muster up some courage! I love today's post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home made bread looks so yummy! It has been a long time since Ive made any. Hope all is enjoyed and youll make it again.
    So do we write about anyway then post back here. Is that what you do? Im leanrning and thank you for yoru pateinces with me. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!