Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's on My Work Desk Today?

I love Wednesdays...American Idol is tonight...can't wait!! There are soooo many GOOD Idols this year. My favorites our Scotty, Lauren, James, Casey, Paul and Jacob. I'd really love to see Scotty or Lauren win:)

My new favorite reason I love and adore Wednesdays is "What's on My Work Desk Wednesday" from the blog "Stamping Ground". It is just so cool seeing where other women create and what they have going on.

This past week hasn't been a very creative one. Most of my energies are spent working on Lizzy's Benefit coming up in May, housework and taking my kids to and from all their activities. I did manage to squeeze a half hour in yesterday...cutting and pasting and playing in my Art Journal. It was heaven.

Today I thought I'd show you something that sits on my desk and reminds me of one of the most creative and inspirational people I know...my Grandma Jackson....

When I was 6 years old my sweet Grams gave me this decorated cigar box for Christmas...

When you open it up...there's a picture of me! I sure was a cutie, huh?;) When I was a kid I kept all my card games in this little box. Old Maid, Go Fish and Authors were my favorites. Thirty Eight Years later and this beloved box is in perfect shape!

Today it is my treasure box...filled to the brim with vintage images, butterflies and other precious bits for my Art Journals and scrapbooks.

 Thank you so much, Grammy for making me this sweet and so very thoughtful gift. I will treasure it always:)

What do you treasure?

Be sure and stop by and see what other inspirational women are working on this week!!

7 comments:

  1. I love your memory tin. What a special thing to still have to treasure.
    A x
    ps yes I really do sew for over 1000 customers. I started working from home 7 years ago and have built up my business from nothing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your treasure box, amazing that it is still is such good shape! I've been thinking about ya and hope you are feeling better from all the headaches. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful is your treasure box , how special !
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful treasure box with special contents. Thanks so much for sharing. My latest treasure is a tiny lock of hair from my little grandee who is losing her hair due to chemo treatment and it is kept with a tiny Comfort bear from Wipso. Wipso tells me it has magic powers so I put them together.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I love Scotty but I was so sorry to see Pia go last week,
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your treasure box what a wonderful gift your Grandma gave your and what a nice way to keep using it

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift your Grandma made for you. I love it that you are using it to store your treasures in it. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!