Monday, January 23, 2012

14 Day Creativity Challenge Begins!

It's Day 1 of our 14 Day Creativity Challenge...Whoo Hoo!! Are you up for it??

Now I am sure as you are reading this you are thinking...


"Leslie, this sounds good and all but seriously I have soooo much to do! There is NO way I have time to create something everyday."

I beg to differ, sweet, brave girlies:) You see I am just like you. I have a gazillion things to do every. single. day.

I get up at the crack of dawn {5:15} every morning to study my scriptures. At 6:35 I leave for my church where I teach Seminary till 7:30. Then it's home again for a quick bite then back in the car so I can get to the gym. I am training to run a marathon you know;)

I have laundry
and dishes
and pets to clean and feed
and floors to sweep
and mop
and vacuum
and stuff to put away
and errands to run
bills to pay
kids to pick up and take here and there and everywhere
and meals to fix
and posts to write
and DREAMS to live!

WHEW!

But I know that when I take time just for me it makes my day run a little smoother. Makes me a little happier...less stressed.

The goal of thie 14 Day Creativity Challenge is just to create. Not to reinvent the wheel, girls. The idea is to just get you to show up in your space or at your creative desk.

Showing up is half of it don't you think?

Each day I'll have a few prompts or ideas to help you along as well as inspirational quotes and links to other creative gals. Now remember...the prompts are just here to give you a bit of a nudge so to speak. You do anything you want...they are just here if  you choose to use them! Or you can save them for another time.

Oh, and remember...you don't have to finish a project each time you create! If you only have 10 minutes to paint a background then do that!! The idea, again...is just to show up and do something:)



Prompts:

1. create a list of art projects
2. go to your space, look at your supplies, see what you have. Make a pile of stuff that inspires you and start a journal page with that or layout. Whatever your medium is.


Quote of the Day:

~ Ideas must work through the brains and the arms of good and brave, or they are no better than dreams. ~  Ralph Waldo Emerson


Creative Links:

1. Show off your Work Desk on Wednesdays. It's fun to see what others are doing around the world!! 

2. My friend Megan is soooo crafty! Be inspired by her cards and scrappy layouts AND look for her in a magazine near you...she is being published everywhere this spring!! 


***Girls be sure and post your projects, thoughts and your own quotes or ideas on the Words of Me Project fan page on Facebook. Let's inspire one another!!! 

**Also...tell your friends!

**Oh, and there will be a sweet prize at the end of this challenge!!

Have fun!!!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds good I love a challenge, trying to get through a clearing the clutter one myself at the moment for this month, but anything for creativity, I'm in!


    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie...as usual you push me to be better and to do better! Thank you for the push. My creative juices have been flowing lately, but I have been pushing it aside for things that matter less. Thank you for the push!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...Monday was last night for me so i took my moleskine and black pen and began a page...plus i selected a whole heap of other matching pretty papers...i am making some pretty garlands of butterflies for a friends daughters....can't wait to make these...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy,
      That sounds lovely. I would love to see photos.

      My creative project for today is to go into my craft room and clean it. It will take all day... but no use creating in a room that makes me feel yucky!
      Maggie

      Delete
  4. So proud of you that you are doing this, my dear friend. You are always, and continue to be, my inspiration. I need to get my creative mojo back. I'm lost. My space is a mess. And I feel . . . ech. I'm going to read through all of your prompts for each day this week . . .and feel confident something will get my bootie moving! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!