Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm all Shook Up!

"If you focus on the possible when you experience difficult situations, YOU CAN positively change your outlook, reduce your stress, and concentrate on achieving things that otherwise may not have been possible."   Catherine Pulsifer


Yes....I am still here. Gee, looking back...my posts these past few months have been few and far between. I don't like that. Not one bit. Writing, for me is the best way I know how to express myself...must do more expressing...lol.

My full-time gig as elementary art teacher has come to an end. Oh, I am still there but just half days. So happy for the regular teacher as she is getting better and feels like being back. Teaching there the past nine weeks has been the biggest blessing!! So grateful for all I have learned.

New art techniques (seriously...you can learn a ton of stuff to use in your mixed media projects from 4th graders!), coming up with projects on the spot and learning how to create with abandon!! Seriously...it is so fun watching children create. Most of them just jump right in. Love it! No hesitation or overthinking...just creating! And   kids that age treat you and your art like a Rock Star. Talk about an ego boost!!!:)



Yesterday I was catching up on a few blogs (so sorry, girls if you have felt neglected. I am trying to do it all and have failed miserably!!) and read this thought provoking post from friend and mentor...Leanne. Now that girl always gets me to thinking...never fails. She and I think very much alike...:)

So anyway, in her post she shares how she has been creating and thinking about putting herself out there more. Her art, her dream. About how she wants to brand herself, set up a website, etc. She also shares how instead of just hoping it comes true she is actually creating art and taking steps to make her big, beautiful dream a reality.


WOW!

When was the last time I did that???

Leanne's post really shook me up...like in the best possible way. It got me to thinking. It's been a very long time since I 've sat down and created new, exciting goals for myself. Goals that don't include working full-time so we can pay our bills, trying to get a loan so we don't lose our home, paying off a law-suit, etc. 

While all of those things are the reality I live in at the moment...they aren't exaclty filling my spirit up...ya' know what I mean??


Here is a piece I made last fall. It is one of my favorites....




When I created this...I was thinking about all the possibilities in my life. Not about the bills, the doom and gloom that has taken over my life in the past 18 months. But honestly...the dreaming part, the part of my heart that is full of light and hope...it seems to be hiding...only the "real life" stuff seems to be making its way into my days lately...nothing fun about that.

I am going to take some steps today to begin making MY Big, Bold Beautiful Life a reality again.

Thank you my friend, Leanne for always sharing your heart!!

What are some ways YOU are making your dreams a reality?? Please share!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Les!! You make my heart sing! Thanks so much for mentioning me and my post. You inspiring me DAILY, my friend. I'm glad I was able to give a little inspiration back to you! We must never give up on ourselves, Les. Even when life hands us the most challenging and darkest of days, we must focus on the good in it. There is always good in it. I believe in you!!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your inspiration, Leslie! I'm sorry your full time teaching job is over, but I'm glad that you have had that valuable experience and that you still get some time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am so happy I found your web site, I really found you
    by mistake, while I was searching on Bing for something
    else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a
    tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it
    and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I
    will be back to read much more, Please do keep up
    the awesome work.

    My website carribean cruise

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!