Monday, March 16, 2015

Heart of Peace Cards-Step by Step

"Only when one is connected to one's inner core is one connected to others. And, for me, the core, the inner spring, can best be re-found through solitude."  -Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Writer


The winter has been cold and long. I am ready for sunlight, warm breezes and flowers! Flowers represent new growth, life and all things beautiful. These past few months I have been involved with the Seven Paths program at Anasazi...talk about growth...WOW! My heart has expanded in ways I never thought possible. And while I still have a ways to go (don't we all) I have promised myself and my family to have a Heart of Peace rather than a Heart of War.

Inspired by my new way of living and to remind me what I need to do to live with a Heart of Peace I created a set of 8 "Heart" tags...just the right size to keep with me when I need an instant "growth spurt":).

I started with 8-2.5x5 inch white tags from Hobby Lobby. I layed them side by side and glued random bits of similar colored paper and book paper on each one.




Then using various colors of Dylusions inks and assorted stencils I added a second layer to my tags. This is always my favorite part of the process as I LOVE stencils and inks! The complete randomness of the drips and sprays makes my heart beat a little faster...lol!




My third layer involved another color of ink for each tag. Instead of using a stencil...this time around I puddled the ink at the top then sprayed water on it and watched as it snaked it's way down the tag. Delicious!




While those dried I rifled through my stash of Happy Mail (mail I have received from artist friends) searching for handmade background papers, pulled out my BRAND NEW Dina Wakley heart stamps, Stazon ink and got busy stamping out hearts. Once those dried I cut them out. Then I took eight different washi tapes and adhered one small strip on the bottom right corner of each tag. Washi tape is the very BEEEESSST!! (said in my best Nacho Libre voice)




Here are a few of the hearts along with the fourth layer on my tag...background stamps. I LOVE how just by stamping here and there the tags take on an even messier/shabby look.



From there I just enjoyed the process of placing the right heart onto the right tag along with choosing eight different reminders for my Heart. Those came from the amazing and oh, so inspirational Brave Girls Club and Soul School.

I am taking notes.
 I am thinking.



I am working through this.



I am perfectly imperfect.


I am improving.



Here are all eight...

I am asking. I am loved. I am a work in progress.



 If you have never worked in a group like this...I encourage you to do so...it's just so relaxing to take your little bits and pieces and create a set of these. If you don't have tags you can use ATC cards, blank Project Life cards or even card stock you hand cut to a smaller size.

Whatever you do...make sure to take time and CREATE. It brings me to a place, that no matter how hard my day has been...it fills my heart with light and peace. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do something with tags and you've just given me tons of inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! they are lovely. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome, Leslie! It sounds like such a fun process, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful::: I have to say I instantly like you when I saw Nacho Libre hahaah::: he is just so joyful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspired me Leslie so I made a set of my own over the weekend - a little similar and a little different. Thankyou for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!