Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Meet Patty Radish


 “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” 

― Osho



It's Week Two of "Art Journaling Love" and time to meet our FIRST
Spotlight Artist.
This is Patty Radish....



I first "found" Patty in my favorite magazine...Art Journal Magazine from Stampington. (she has been published numerous times)
I was drawn to her use of Retro Images and collage style
I loved her style so much I found her on Facebook to tell her and to see more of her work!

Thank you so much Patty for taking time out of your schedule to share with us today!!!

Patty says she first fell in love with Art Journaling back in 2006. She started making her OWN journals by altering books. She soon realized that wasn't the format for her...so she took them apart and rebinded them. Patty says her latest obsession has been Travelers Notebook style art journals. 




So where does she go
 for inspiration??

*Instagram
*YouTube
*Art Journaling Magazine
*Mid-Century art/artists

"My favorite things to do
 is play with color and composition.
 I use a lot of mid century images,
 but love images from the natural world too."



Every art journaler has their
 MUST HAVE supplies
 and Patty is no exception!

*Paper
*Matte Medium
*Sharp Scissors
*Paint
*Glue Stick
*Pen
*Pencil


With 11 years of journaling under her belt and several published journals Patty has several EXCELLENT tips for us!!

*Look everywhere for inspiration,
 the mall, the outdoors,
 your favorite fashion designer
>      *If you feel frustrated or anxious, 
take a deep breath, 
it could be a breakthrough
>      *Read biographies and
 get to know your
 favorite artists

> 5)  "My best advice to other art journalers is: 
Don’t worry if you work looks
 like someone else’s work because
 you admire them or took a class, 
if you work at it long enough, 
your own unique style will shine through. 
Trust and honor that!"
I LOVE that advice, Patty and agree!! I am a HUGE Dina Wakley fan and at first it seemed my pages were "like" hers. But as I went MY style starting shining through!! Thanks for such WONDERFUL advice!!




Most journalers I know
 have a favorite quote (I have a lot!!)

Here is Patty's...

    "Arrange whatever pieces come your way.”
>                                                                    ~Virginia Woolf

Oh I love that and plan on using in a page very soon! Thank you so much Patty!!!!! 

********************************************************************

Be sure and stop by tomorrow...We are talking all things gesso and I will show you my FAVORITE way to add words to my journals!!

All you need to know about "Art Journaling Love" can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pages and another amazing artist thanks so much Patty and Leslie for sharing with us ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!